We Are Here to Serve You and Your Family
- Consists of a number (9) of exceptionally well qualified, seasoned male and female caregivers. We also have used the services of visiting physicians, who treat, when possible, the residents in our home. We also have nurses available 24/7.
- Promotes a life of dignity for all residents in a loving environment with 24 hour supervision
- Is certified and rigorously trained to meet all resident needs, including dementia, incontinence, diabetes, hospice and stroke
- Is dedicated to enrich the lives of those who live with us
- Provides the highest possible level of ocare, compassion and love
- Provdies regular monitoring and assessments of residents' health and well being
- Provides assistance when needed with bathing, dressing, taking medications and eating
- Is professionally managed
The Management of Golden Gardens
David C. McKinney, Ph.D.
Dr. McKinney, the Administrator of Golden Gardens, has lectured around the world concerning management and business methodologies.
He has written many newspaper and magazine articles about various management and business subjects.
He was the Arizona State Adminstrator for Nursefinders in the early - mid 90s and managed the operation of 1,600+ nurses located throughout the State of Arizona.
David was active in the Arizona Association for Home Care as a Board member. He was also a passionate lobbyist in the Arizona State legislature and US Congress for home healthcare.
When his Mother was terminally ill, he left his position as a stockbroker and became her primary caregiver in Nebraska for many months. He coordinated the activities of her nursing services around the clock as provided in her home.
David is well qualified to help residents seek benefits from such agencies as the VA, as he was one of the few persons qualified to teach the Certified Financial Planner courses in southern California. He is experienced in seeking benefits from the VA Office in San Diego.
David also enjoys oil painting and has had a number of his paintings sold through a gallery in Santa Fe, New Mexico. He is well qualified to help the residents express themselves through the arts.
David is an experienced educator and actively promotes extensive continuing education (far in excess of any state requirement), not only for himself, but for everyone on the Golden Gardens team.
Catalina, the Manager, started being a caregiver more than thirty years ago. She initially worked for more than five years in an assisted living facility in Oceanside that had more than 260 residents. Catalina was responsible for the simultaneous caring for 15 patients. During this period Catalina was deeply involved in continuous education, taking courses every 90 days.
Catalina then worked for a home care agency for about a number of years, working as a caregiver in the private homes of various clients. She assisted them in their Activities of Daily Living.
She then worked as the Assistant Activities Director at the Vista Knolls Nursing Home in Vista, CA. Consequently, she is well experienced in conducting activities for the elderly and in recognizing both their capacities and their restrictions.
After working for Abbott Laboratories with vascular stents, she returned to working as a caregiver, which is one of her life's passions.
Both David and Catalina reside in a structure that is attached to the Golden Gardens home. Therefore, they are onsite nearly all of the time.
<< New text box >>